Anger

I've always tried to not be angry towards people. It's just one of those things I'd like to completely avoid. Unfortunately a lot has happened in my life that could make me an angry person in my adulthood. I think I've done a good job not being an angry person but sometimes it just gets difficult to hold the anger back.

The one person I never thought I could ever be angry at is God. I didn't have a relationship with him until high school and to be honest, it wasn't really until college that I truly felt that relationship. I know I shouldn't be angry about things that happened years ago but because of therapy, I've had to re-hash a lot of wounds that I thought were healed or ones I just put away and never dealt with. While I thought that therapy would help I think the only thing I've come away with is a new anger towards God. I can't imagine why God would allow the things that have happened to me as a child to happen (you'll learn more about this at some point). Even the things happening to me now I don't fully understand. I know they say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Well, I have news for whomever said that - that's a load of bull.

The worst part is that I feel guilty being mad at God. It's not right for me to be like this and I hate myself for it. How come it's so easy for God to forgive us but it's so hard for us to forgive Him?

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments