Cooking with Darin

For those who don't know, my other half is a professional chef. Now, before you get jealous - he works like 100 hours a week so I don't really get the spoils on a regular basis. When he is off, I feel guilty asking him to cook. Last night he made a throw-together dish that turned out really great. So I thought I would share the recipe with y'all. Enjoy!

Darin's Chicken Vegetable Casserole

2# chicken breast, sliced

2 cans cream of chicken soup; condensed

1 can chicken broth

2 cans sliced carrots

1 # frozen broccoli

1 ½ # shredded cheese (what ever u like)

1 bag egg noodles, cooked

Topping:

1 ½ cup Japanese bread crumbs

1 cup grated Romano cheese

Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook lightly in small amount of oil; add soup and broth (do not dilute soup before adding); add vegetables and heat to simmer; simmer for 7 minutes; add cheese and continue to simmer till cheese is melted. Add egg noodles and gently stir to combine. Pour into casserole sprayed with pan release.

Mix topping and cover evenly.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes.

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Thanks for the recipe - casseroles are the best. I always felt they were so 50's but now realise that they singlehandedly allowed Donna Reed to put a decent meal on the table AND remain impeccibly groomed throughout the day! BTW not getting the spoils from your boyfriends professional talents as a chef is, in my opinion not as bad as if he were, say, a proctologist...'If I have to stick my fingers up one more guy's ...'

the 100 hours a week would really REALLY suck. Hard.

But I love me some chefs that just "whip something together" and it turns out tasting of awesome.

I don't think the hubby would ever tire of that elf. He would love that as a hobby.