When Gay Men are Women.

The one thing I hate more than anything about gay men is when one acts so effeminate that they might as well just have a vagina. I'm not saying that they need to be like John Wayne or something but come on, you don't need to feed into the stereotype. It just makes us look bad. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, and I am not trying to force a heterosexual agenda on anyone, but there is a point where I believe "too much" is just too much.

If you haven't been watching Lifetime at night you may not have heard of the new reality competition show, Blush. It is a search for the "best" make-up artist in the USA. Like all reality competition shows, I am sure the true best in the country are not on this show - they are too good for a catty show hosted by a D-list celebrity. While there is one straight male contestant, the rest of the men on the show might as well be women - one of them had twice as much makeup on than the females did!

This scary looking individual is the worst on the show - possibly the most effeminate man alive. At one point he even squealed like a 12-yo girl. Yikes - this is a disaster of a "man". Really just makes me sad to know that people like this just feed the stereotype and make it harder for us to be accepted.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I'm with you on this one, I have trouble with the girly boys. I think a little fem once in a while is OK, if I am guilty of it myself, it's usually used jokingly, but I have a difficult time being around guys who are more feminine than, say, my mother. To each his (or her) own is a good philosophy to live by; I'd just rather stand with the men.