Faith in People Restored

As I have documented in the personal posts here in my blog, things have been rough the past two years. In fact, I cannot tell you the last time something really good happened to me. This week I had several good things happen.
  • I did my intake to a local mental health center so I'll see a therapist again
  • I didn't have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. at the food stamp office and I got approved for the max! Woohoo!
  • We found a way to pay for a plane ticket so I can see my grandmother and we can have what will probably be our last big family Christmas at her house
  • I set up with the local clinic where I will get to see a doctor and get dental and vision care free of charge (necessary since the evil bureaucrats at the insurance company cut off my disability benefits in October)
The last item is what really restored my faith in people and the idea that if you are truly a nice person you can have good things happen because of it. Today when I went to the clinic I was able to get a medical appointment and also dental and vision appointments even though they weren't scheduling those for January yet -- all because I was friendly with the aides. I'm just glad that something went right for me for a change!

This entry was posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments