Former Survivor Champ Fighting For Survival


For those who don't remember him, Ethan Zohn was the popular winner of Survivor: Africa. Recently, Zohn was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin's Disease. Just last week, he was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of the disease, CD20-positive Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although this form of the cancer is found in roughly 5% of people with Hodgkin's, the doctors say the survival rate is around 90%.

Zohn's girlfriend, Survivor: The Amazon winner Jenna Morasca, is committed to helping him through this rough time and be there to help him beat the cancer. Both Zohn and Morasca are no strangers to cancer. Both Zohn's father and Morasca's mother have lost battles with cancer.

"This is the ultimate game of Survivor," Zohn, 35, tells PEOPLE exclusively, "and there's really only one outcome, and that's to win. There's no other option."

Zohn has already begun chemotherapy. I hope he can win this fight.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Anonymous  

My sister had Hodgkin's and they said that if you have to get a form of cancer this is the best one. I'm using the word best very lightly. She is fine and I'm sure that he will be too.

I know what you mean. It's definitely one of tho most curable forms you can get. I hope at least he can look at that slight silver lining in the bad situation.

What breaks my heart is that both he and Jenna lost a parent to cancer. I can only imagine just how scared Jenna is that she could lose another person whom she loves dearly.

LisaW  

I'm saddened to hear this. He was my fav player in Survivor:Africa...I was so happy when he won. His quote says it all about his positive attitude , which is extremely important in fighting cancer. "one outcome, and that's to win". Keep up that positive energy Ethan...we want you to win.