Fall From Grace


The photo above is Olympic figure skater Nicole Bobek, who was the U.S. National Champion in 1995. She had a long amateur career, winning several titles as well as competing Internationally.

But that was then.

And this is now.
This is what Nicole Bobek looks 14 years later. She was one of 20 people arrested in a New Jersey methamphetamine ring. She was arrested in Florida and now faces charges of conspiracy to distribute meth. She is now facing up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

I remember watching her skate on television and to me, she was one of the best skaters to come out of the U.S. in my lifetime. I remember she was one of the hardest working, determined athletes I knew at the time. She was one who always persevered when no one expected her to do well. It's such a disappointment to see that this is who she has become.

I just wonder if she couldn't handle not being America's sweetheart anymore or just fell in with the wrong people?

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments