Top 10 "Bad Boy" Names

I was reading something on MSNBC's website when this caught my eye.

New parents may balk at naming their newborn boys such tried-and-true but yawn-inducing names as Michael or David — but a new study shows that if they play it safe, they may be doing their babies a favor.

Writing in Social Science Quarterly, Shippensburg University professor David Kalist says giving newborn males oddball, girly or strange first names may just help land them in jail.

In alphabetical order, the Top 10 “bad boy” names, according to Kalist, are Alec, Ernest, Garland, Ivan, Kareem, Luke, Malcolm, Preston, Tyrell and Walter.

[For full article, click here]

Apparently, my name is boring. Glad my grandmother didn't hear that - She named me!

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

"Ernest"? That doesn't sound like a "bad boy" to me, it sounds like an accountant.

XOXOXO

I didn't think Walter would be a tough guy name either lol - Hey, I didn't say I agree with their findings! I just thought it was funny :)

And the names of some of the worst criminals in history aren't listed.
John Dillinger, Jeffrey Dahmer, Clyde (and Bonnie), Ted Kazinsky...

(can't think of any more right now, just woke up, brain hasn't engaged yet LOL)

Every "BRANDON" is rotten and always in the principal's office.