Updates and Venting

Let's start with the updates.

Oh, and I apologize for not blogging that much. I'm not sure why I haven't been doing more. Partly it's that I don't usually have anything to post about myself. The other part I guess is just lack of motivation.

Right .... updates.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and sending out good thoughts for Darin and the potential job in Denver. After some unexpected drama on their end, it looks like Darin will be getting a job offer! Of course, we are not getting excited until the phone call comes and Darin has the verbal offer.

As for me, not much has changed. I'm still battling severe depression and trying to find the right mix of medication to help get me out of bed [this is what the venting is partially about]. The Effexor isn't cutting it, that much we know. Today I saw my psychiatrist and we doubled my sleep medication (which is also an anti-depressant) and ordered some lab work to be done.

Okay, time for some venting ...

I'm really pissed about my psychiatrist. I wait 3 months to see her and even after I get there, she's running behind. Fortunately, it was only 20 minutes late getting in. But then I only get 5 minutes with her. What the hell could we possibly do in 5 minutes? Plus, we KNOW that my meds aren't working. She was only willing to change my sleep med and nothing else. How long do I have to be on a medication before we know it's not working?? Not to mention that I had been on said medication before and it didn't work.

Then I find out that since I have Medicare Part D, I have lost all my free medication. I would think that they would at least give me the rest of the medication the companies sent for me, but no. Oh well. At least my prescriptions are cheap.

Maybe it is time to go to a real psychiatrist. The clinic has been great to me but I don't feel like I am getting anywhere.

I just want to get better.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments