Today's Date With My Hubby

It has been a while since I have felt up to doing much. Today was the first day of some AMAZING weather, so I didn't want to waste it. We'd already planned on going to Walmart in Thibodaux today but Darin got the idea of checking out a restaurant called Spahr's. It's mostly a seafood cafe but they do have some non-seafood items like poboys, salad and pasta.

This was our appetizer - crab fingers. Unfortunately, they had been overfried and the crab dried up. All I could taste was overcooked breading. Not so good.


As for the rest of the meal, Darin tried their gumbo and was really impressed with it. He's won awards for his, so you know it has to be good for him to praise it so much. He also got the seafood platter (oysters, shrimp, crab fingers, stuffed crab, catfish, onion straws and fries) for us to share. I got a grilled chicken salad with honey mustard dressing. That's in the picture below. Also, I have to point out how awesome of their homemade dill tartar sauce was. I want a bottle of that stuff!


After lunch, we did our shopping at Walmart and our local market for meat. By the time we got home, I was really hurting but it was well worth it.

Can't wait til I feel this okay again so we can do a "date" day again. At least we'll have the great weather the rest of the weekend!

This entry was posted on Friday, October 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments