Fun with Scalpels

I think I mentioned a while back that I was going to have minor surgery. It was just to remove a cyst that had formed on my left thigh. My theory is still that since I have had to lay on my side so much, the cyst formed.

Well, Monday was the day.

I will say, I was feeling anxious. Not about the procedure but about having to be in a small room with people I don't know.

When we first got there at 8am (after leaving the house at 6:30am), I was informed that it would be delayed at least 2 hours. No way was I going to reschedule after waiting a month or so for the appointment in the first place. Fortunately, they called me to the back at 9ish, so it wasn't a terribly long wait. Of course, they put me in the tiny exam room and left me there waiting for 20 minutes. That made me extremely claustrophobic, which is rare for me.

The actual surgery started around 9:40 and really didn't last long. The cyst itself was actually quite large - kind of as big as a nickel in diameter. They also told me that there was blood inside the cyst. That was odd, they said, but not alarming. So now, it's off to the lab and on the 5th I will find out anything more.

Until then, happy days to y'all.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments